Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blog Post 3

https://writing-help.com/blog/peer-review-our-essay-example/
    Peer reviewing has great benefits in the learning process of writing when used correctly.  For most students it can be a very intimidating, nerve racking, embarrassing, or uncomfortable.  It should not be that way.  It should be helpful and effective as well as allow the student to learn from their mistakes and become a more productive writer.  After viewing What is Peer EditingPeer Edit With Perfection Tutorial. and Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes  I was reminded that peer reviewing is very important and that it can be helpful and effective.
     These three sources had many great rules for reviewing a peer's writing.  The most important part that I learned is to review my peer's work without hurting their feelings or making them feel uncomfortable.  The sources also, encouraged any reviewer to always stay positive when giving feedback.  The reviewer should refrain from being mean or bulling them.  Hurting someone's feeling or confidence is not the point of a reviewer.  These sources also teach to start a review with a compliment or something that will help the writer feel good about their work.   This will allow them to take any criticism in a positive way.  Peer reviewing is a great way to improve my writing and I am happy EDM 310 is making my classmates and me participate in peer reviewing.  I hope to encourage my classmates in their writing while at the same time I am encouraged that I get to learn from them in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment