Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post


Outline:
1. Basic information about me.
2. My passions- children's ministry and teaching children.
3. Why my passions led me to elementary education.
4. Why I think being a teacher is more than just being an educator.


Hello everyone,

       My name is Courtney Doyal.  I am twenty years and I was born and raised in Mobile.  I went to Mary G. Montgomery High school and graduated in 2012.  I am in my junior year of college at the University of South Alabama.  I live at home with my mom, dad, and brother.  I have a dog that is five pounds of spoiled rotten.  His name is Brody and he is a Maltese and Shih-Tzu.  My family and I attend church at Forest Hill Church of God. My faith is a large part of my life and is my first priority in life.  I currently have two "jobs" while going to school. I am a nanny for the music pastor at my church. They have two children, Ari and Noah. Ari is the oldest and she is five then, Noah is two years old.  My second job is volunteer and very dear to my heart.  I am the second children's pastor at my church. Six years ago I felt that God was calling me into children's ministry and I have been very active in the ministry ever since.
       Working in children's ministry led and helped me decide that I wanted to continue to pursue a career along with children's ministry working with children.  That decision led me to choosing the major of elementary education.  I love working with children and cannot imagine myself doing anything else with my life.  Being a teacher or leader is not only about educating but about building relationships and making a positive impact of children's lives.  I look forward to continuing to pursue my degree in education!

No comments:

Post a Comment