Sunday, February 22, 2015

C4T #1

     For my second comments for teachers assignment, I viewed two blogs.  The first blog I read was What am I Supposed to be Learning by a teacher named Mrs. Palmer.  Mrs. Palmer shares with us in her blog post that she believes in allowing her students to have a hands on learning experience with the Common Core Standards.  She allows them to think and explore for themselves.  She gives steps and visual aids like pictures and videos of ideas.  She also shares ways to allow your students to be hands on.  Her students seem to really love and enjoy the atmosphere that Mrs. Palmer creates for learning.
     The second teacher's blog that I read was Make School More Than Worksheets by Krissy Venosdale.  I really enjoyed this post, it was simple but she got her point across.  Ms. Venosdale explains that when she was student, she only had boring worksheets as her assignments.  She just did the worksheets to get her "A," but never learned anything.  She never was engaged in learning. She also sees that learning should be fun and hands on.  She lists all the wonderful tools that she has used or found that makes learning fun for her students.  I replied to her post and shared with her that I agree and believe learning should be hands on.  I was also, a student that was bored with worksheets and just did them to get the grade.  I never learned anything from those worksheets.  I truly learned when I was given the opportunity to be hands on and involved.   I enjoyed reading both of the blog posts and I am continually encouraged and inspired for the type teacher I want to be.
http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-10-technology-blogs-for-education.html


No comments:

Post a Comment