Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Post 5

http://donalomahony.edublogs.org/2011/05/03/personal-learning-network/
     Until this assignment, I had never heard of Personal Learning Networks (PLN).  I was very interested once I saw what this website was and how useful it can be for educators.  PLN is a way for educators or students to use the Internet to share and learn information from anyone or anywhere across the world.  They are able to learn and share through networks like social media, blogs, videos, etc.  As a future educator,  I feel like PLN will help me to be successful in many ways.  It will help me to learn methods or creative ways to teach a topic to my students.  It will even help me with activities to go along with the topic of the day.  Then, most importantly, I can share my successes and failures that I have experienced in the classroom to help other educators.
     Personal Learning Networks are simply created by first developing a subject that appeals to you.  Then create a place where all the information can be stored or added as you explore.  Creating bookmarks of your favorite places to explore, such as Twitter or Delicious, will also be helpful.  In one of my sources for this assignment, A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment, the seventh grader does a great job at showing how she created and bookmarked her PLN for easy access.  Currently, Twitter is my only PLN.  I have a twitter specifically for this class and I have followed many other accounts that have to do with education.  I have followed accounts like: @drjohnhadley@Edutopia, and@thenerdyteacher.  Now that I have learned about PLN, I plan to add and explore more ways to be proactive as a future educator. I know I will be able to depend on my PLN for assistance, ideas, and ways to grow in my profession.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! There is a setting where you can make your links be a different color in your posts, you might want to do that. I almost didn't see your links, I just happened to run my mouse over them and they lit up.

    ReplyDelete