Sunday, February 8, 2015

Project 4 - C4T 1

   
http://www.classroomconfections.com
For my first comments for teachers assignment, I got to visit and learn about a teacher named Lana Gerin through her blogs.  The name of her blogging page is For the Love of Teaching.  Her blogs are full of fun and creative ideas for teachers to add to their classrooms or do with their students.
    The first blog that I commented on Mrs. Gerin posted on Sunday, January 4, 2015.  In this post, Mrs. Gerin shares with readers about a website that she found called Quill. When she found this site, she purchased an easel for her classroom.  Mrs. Gerin explains how useful this product is in her classroom. She shows images of the easel and all the convenient compartments that it has available.  As I commented on Mrs. Gerin's blog, I had nothing but positive things to say.  As a future educator, I feel it is important for me to learn about helpful things that I will need to purchase for my classroom.  She gave me a great idea for something to add to my classroom one day.  Even more importantly, she shares the website where she purchased the easel. The website has decent prices and has lots of things to explore and buy. 
     The second blog that I commented on by Mrs. Gerin is called International Dot Day.  This blog was posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2014.  In this post, Mrs. Gerin writes about International Dot Day and how she brought it to life for her students. She shares the book "The Dot" by Peter Reynolds to her students.  Her school asked the teachers to read the book to their children and do an art project with coffee filters.  She was unable to get the book so she allowed her children to view a YouTube video instead. She then gave all of her students a coffee filter and paint then allowed them to create their own dot.  I commented on Mrs. Gerin's post. I shared with her that I had heard of International Dot Day and that I thought it was great! I feel it is a great way to encourage students to be themselves and to be creative in their own way.  It also had a important lesson of teaching students to make their own mark on the world.  I also shared with her that I had seen many different art projects for this assignment, but I loved the creative idea of using coffee filters.  I cannot wait to incorporate this project into my classroom one day! Mrs. Gerin's posts are easy to read and have great ideas for teachers.  I highly suggest to check out Lana Gerin's For the Love of Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment