Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blog Post 10

http://kellamalyxedm310.blogspot.com

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

     The first video by Kathy Cassidy that I watched was Little Kids...Big Potential. This video was interesting to me.  She shares with us the many, many different ways that technology can be used in the classroom. She uses all of her technology in such a unique and creative way. She does not use the common classroom technology like SMARTboards and blogs. She uses Nintendo DS's and NintenDogs. I love that she uses these technology tools to teach her students how to work together as a team. 
     There are three part videos to the interview with Dr. Strange and Mrs. Cassidy. The three videos are Interview Part 1, Interview Part 2, and Interview Part 3. In these videos they discuss the importance of technology in the classroom. Mrs. Cassidy gives great ways for beginner teachers to begin with technology. She tells those teachers to begin with the technology that they like or the technology that they are most familiar, such as YouTube or blogging. The techniques that I learned from Mrs. Cassidy on using technology is to simply use technology. I should take advantage of the technology. Technology is not going away and as a future teacher, I must adapt and learn to be creative with it. I really enjoyed watching and learning from Mrs. Cassidy and I look forward to applying technology to my classroom one day!

3 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Courtney

    My name is Shelby Jemison. I really enjoyed reading over your blog post #10. I too liked that Mrs.Cassidy really directed part of her interview towards beginning teachers. I thought it was extremely helpful. Although I did enjoy the simplicity of your post and the fact that is it brief and to the point, I do feel that you could have possibly added a tiny bit more. I really love the fun picture you added and the cute font!

    Thank You
    Shelby Jemison
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney
    Thank you for taking the time to comment on Ricos student blog post in New Zealand. He will be thrilled to receive the feedback and it will be one of the first things that he discusses when we return to school next week after our school holiday break. Commenting on students work is an extremely positive way to encourage the students to work so thank you for taking the time to do so.
    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki, New Zealand
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete