Sunday, March 1, 2015

Project 6 C4K 1

http://jessicagottlieb.com/2013/07/pr-for-kid-bloggers-or-lets-play-the-who-is-the-next-lilo-game/
     One of my EDM 310 assignments has been to read kids' blogs.  We call it comments for kids. These kids are students in grade school and they are blogging and expressing themselves through writing which I think is awesome!  Their teachers are showing them how to blog and how to use the internet in a positive way at a young age. To see this many students using the internet at such a young age for more than social media or entertainment purposes is very refreshing.
     The first student's blog that I read was about basketball. This was female student in the 5th grade. She has a huge passion for basketball and is on the school team. In this particular blog she was telling us how she and her team are undefeated so far in this season. The team is getting ready to go to state and she hopes they can keep up their winning streak. I commented on her blog and wished them great luck on their game in hopes that they win! I encouraged her by telling her that practice makes perfect, so if she and her team work together and practice they can surely win.
     The second student's blog that I read was Ice Fishing by Samson. Samson shared with us in this blog that he got to go ice fishing the previous weekend. He said that he did not catch much but it was still a lot of fun. I commented,  "Hello Samson! Ice fishing sounds like a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, where I live, it does not get cold enough to go ice fishing.  Hopefully, one day I will get to expeience ice fishing.  I'm glad that you had fun and hope you catch something next time you go ice fishing."
     The third student's blog that I read was Famous Phonies by Caitlynn. Caitlynn is reading a book called Famous Phonies by Biranna Dumont. In this blog, she is sharing about this book and how she has almost completed the book. She gives the example that George Washington is a phony. She says she is really enjoying the book and suggests that everyone should read it.  Caitlynn had a few typing errors in her blog. In my comment, I tried to express to her, in an encouraging way, that she had errors in her post.  I commented, "Hello Caitlynn! I have never heard of this book before but you have me interested. I will have to check it out and read it. I do not think the title fits the book because it does not sound like that would be the topic at all. Great job on your post! Just remember to always proof read your blogs for errors before you post them. I noticed a few simple typing errors. Keep up the great work and I hope you continue to make reading fun!"
     The fourth and final student's blog that I read was Share Your Genius by Jesus.  In this blog, Jesus shares that this is his first blog and he is excited about it. He reminds us that we are all special and extraordinary in our own way.  He wants everyone to learn to share as we learn so that we can embrace the awesomeness together.  He then asked for everyone to share in a comment what makes them special or extraordinary. I commented, "Hello Jesus! I am also a new fan of blogging and I am in college. Something special about me is that I am going to school to become a teacher. I have a huge passion for helping and teaching kids! Keep up the great work. Happy blogging!"

No comments:

Post a Comment