Wednesday, April 8, 2015

C4T #3

http://www.spencerideas.org/2015/03/a-solution-to-homework-wars_17.html?showComment=1427239158738#c5972107801730489024
     A Creative Solution to the Homework Wars. This blog is about homework. Mr. Spencer shares with us that he used to be against homework. As he continued in his career of being teacher he learned the importance of homework if it is done correctly. He gives five ways that he has found for homework to work and be successful with his students. He changed the outlook on homework for his students and parents. Homework became a success and became fun for his students. I commented, "Hi Mr. Spencer. I am currently in college in plans to become a teacher one day.  As a former grade school student I was always against homework and never understood the point. Now that I am an adult and in college I see the importance. I really enjoyed reading this blog and the five ways that helped make homework work for you and your students. My favorite approach would have to be the show and tell approach. This has definitely given me a differently outlook on how homework should be handled in the classroom. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to keeping up with your posts."
For my third comments for teachers assignment, I was assigned to a teacher's blog named John Spencer. John Spencer is a great teacher to learn from. He is inspriring and shares his mistakes and experiences for the readers to learn from. The first post that I read by him was
     The second blog that I read by John Spencer was Why I Do the Same Student Projects Over Again. In this blog Mr. Spencer shares that he used to think that teachers should shred and throw away their lesson plans at the end of the year and start fresh. He wrote this post to explain that his way of thinking was wrong. He learned that we should not throw away past lesson plans or projects, but use them to modify and make the next years better. We should use our past ideas and activities to our advantages. This post was very inspiring and good to learn as a future teacher. I commented, "Hello Mr. Spencer. I am in college and going to school to become a teacher. Thank you again for sharing your blogs and experiences. They are very educating and encouraging to me as a future teacher. I like all of the different projects that you use in your classroom. I totally agree with the fact of not throwing out last years work, but instead modify it to make it better. I do not think we should just throw out lesson plans or projects, but use it to make ourselves better. Thank you for your inspiring and experienced posts!"

No comments:

Post a Comment